Thursday, August 19, 2010

More Texas...for now

In this economy, my family has been through many life changing situations (as many, I’m sure). Our most recent condition has been the one to move back home. Unfortunately, Florida’s economy is still suffering and although being a nurse allows me the opportunity to live anywhere that I choose, my fire fighter hubby is not fortunate to have the same.

So, after much debate and soul searching, we decided to stay in Texas (for now).

I’m at peace with this decision because I was finding it very hard to say goodbye to all my Texas friends. My family has been blessed to make many friends in our short four years of living here. Not just great friends but, the ones that we consider family.

So, for now, we will stay put. With that decision, Mike and I started looking for another home and I think we found one. It is a cute little American traditional home in a cute ‘arts & craft’ style neighborhood. In my four years of living here, I have never even heard of it so when I stumbled across it…I fell in love. These houses all have a front porch of some sort and are not covered by the traditional Texas brick and stone, they are each painted differently to give their own unique charm. There are no current houses for sale in this neighborhood but after some snooping around this is what I found:

· Houses in this neighborhood don’t go on the market often.

· When they do, they sell really fast.

· This neighborhood is full of young families like mine, with kids that are my kids ages.

· These houses are not zero lot line, so you get more yard….I never thought this was a possibility here!

· The amenities are wonderful!

· ONE house is being foreclosed on. It has the biggest lot of the neighborhood and sits directly across from the park on a pie shaped, ¼ acre lot.

· I WANT THIS HOUSE!!!!

Foreclosures can take a while so we will have to wait and see what happens.

No comments: