Saturday, August 28, 2010

For The Love of Shoes

I am completely addicted to clogs. I always have been. Since, I got my first pair, in tenth grade when I was about 16-years old. I’ll never forget those clogs: soft black leather with black wooden soles. I wore them with everything!!!

I’ve owned at least one pair of clogs at all times since that first pair, whether they were Dansko, Berkinstock, or Anywears (you have to remember I’m in the health care field so, comfort is a priority).

But my addiction has been taken to a new level… recently, while I was working, one of our doctors came in wearing her normal ‘surgical colored’ scrubs and as came around the nurses station my eyes were drawn to her green python Dansko clogs. They looked spunky and fun, and she said they made her feel happy! From that moment, my nicely broken in black Dansko’s seemed so dull and boring. Comfortable, yes. Fun, no.

I decided that I needed to go see what was available. So, my next trip to the mall including browsing Nordstrom to see what clogs they had. I found a pair (well, two) that I must have. I just must.

As I shop, I rationalize why I must have them. My feet feel great in them, this is a must. Fall is rolling around and the temperature will be dropping, and I must put my flip-flops away. I must have them!!!!…..in ‘leopard.’ With rolled-up jeans and a slouchy sweater? Yep, sheer perfection.
And the ones in ‘claret’ to wear during the colder winter months are fun and festive, this is a definite must have.
SOLD!
How cute, these will fit right in with my ever-growing clog collection.

No comments: