Friday, April 24, 2009

Rain, Rain...Go Away

Yesterday was a wonderfully beautiful day. The vibrant sunlight shone down on us all and we chatted in the late afternoon. I have some really good neighbors and it was nice to enjoy the sunny afternoon with them. Today however, is a different kind of day. The sky is gray and overcast and it rained on and off. Now I sit and hear, the wind whipping all around as the sunshine tries to peek out of the passing clouds.
The kids will be the most upset because they really wanted to go swimming today, they have been waiting for the pool to open for months. Today was going to be our first pool day, so we got the rain and despite the dreariness of the day and the nature of my personality today, I feel very thankful.
You know, not a day goes by that I don’t hear some awful thing on the news or shake my head at something I heard or see. Bad stuff seems to be happening all over the place and it’s enough to make an eternal optimist really sad.
Coming back to being thankful…
The way I see it, in the long run, I am thankful for my problems. Not that I love my problems but the grass is rarely greener on the other side. So on this rainy dreary day I think I will focus on how good this year has been for me and as the rain falls and the clouds mosey along, I will just be thankful!

No comments: