Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'd Rather Be Scrapbooking

I just came back from a scrapbooking crop with Nikki, Sharon and Samantha. It was a lot of fun, we spent the day scrapbooking, socializing, and working on wonderful family memories. I came in with a heavy load of albums, stickers, and many many pictures wondering why I haven't bought myself a rolling tote!!. Part of the fun today was looking back on family pictures and remembering the days that I took those pictures. I enjoyed meeting a lot of new people and got some cute scrapbook ideas from everyone. I realized today, though, that there are many new scrapbook gadgets out there that I really want. My friends and I decided that we should crop at least once a month!!!
To avid scrappers the word crop is just common scrap lingo. However, when you announce in front of non-scrappers that you are going to a “crop” they look at you like you are nuts! So what exactly is a crop?
Crops have been compared to the quilting bees of the past. Quilting bees were a social outing for women to gather and work on their quilts. Scrapbookers may not be quilting with fabric but they are weaving their families memories into storybooks that will share their life with future generations.
Some people attend crops merely for the socialization while others go to complete as many scrapbook pages as possible. I got a lot of pages done and had a fun relaxing day with a great group of friends. No matter what your intent is, you will surely benefit from a fun gathering with like minded scrapbookers!

No comments: