Monday, April 20, 2009

Eight is Great!

Naty may have our grown my lap, but she will never outgrow my heart.

My little girl turned 8-years-old today. I sit and think back to the day she was born. It was one of the best days in my life. I remember being so scared because she was born by c-section and I just wanted to make sure she was going to be okay. When I held her for the first time, i just cried and cried. I knew she would be a sweet girl. Growing up she was the girl who made friends everywhere she went. She would always take her big sister by the hand and tell her not to be shy, "let's go say hi to those girls over there" and a new friend was made.
Naty continues to be such a great little girl so full of life and compassion, always thinking of others. In school she collects her tickets for good behavior and uses them to have special lunch with her teacher or to read to the kindergarten classes, instead of trading them in for candy or homework pass.
I wanted to cut her hair for her birthday because it is getting soooo long. She usually is always up for a new do but when I went to cut it she said "wait! is it long enough to make a wig for someone?" She was referring to locks of love, my little sister donated her hair once to them and Naty remembered. I told her I wasn't sure and she said she didn't want to cut her hair until it was long enough to donate, so we will wait another month or so.
We ended her birthday out to dinner with family and watching tv in my bed, I cherish all these memories...they are going by too fast!

Happy Birthday Naty!

No comments: