Saturday, September 25, 2010

To Those Who Wait......

The foreclosure is officially back on the market! Whew!!!!

As most of you know, I have been literally stalking my dream house since June. A house that just happens to be listed way below market value, in a great neighborhood, full of kids, with a large front porch, and a huge back yard. It's a foreclosure so these things take a while.

Well, last week, after months of waiting for it, the bank finally listed the house and we made our offer. And, so did someone else!!! Someone who offered more than we did and the bank accepted their offer. I was mortified!!!! Our hopes were ALL in that ONE house, the one that we have been waiting for all this time. We have our new carpet, kitchen cabinets, and counter tops picked out. The kids have already chosen their rooms and décor. This was heart breaking.

For the next five days, we sadly began looking at other homes on the market and of course nothing compared. Our marriage was challenged for sure. I wanted a big kitchen, Mike wanted a media room, I wanted a big yard, Mike wanted a pool. It was frustrating. Very frustrating.

But, after much aggravation and no new place to call home, I received a wonderful phone call. The first offer to the bank fell thru and the house was ours if we wanted it. Do I still want it?! What? The last time I answered YES that fast was when Michael proposed. Patience truly is a virtue and I believe that if something is meant to be, it will be. Our prayers were definitely answered.

I can’t wait to get moved in and make this our home.

1 comment:

My Life in Motion said...

I am super excited for you. Call me sometime so we can catch up. I know life is crazy!