Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Looking Good

I remember getting my first pair of glasses at the age of 12.

I was in 6th grade and the chalkboard at school was never blurry to me. I couldn't sit in the back row and read the board but, I didn't think anything of it. I just figured no one could see from way back there.

I remember like it was yesterday when my mom told me she was taking me to get glasses. I had failed the vision test for my school physical and we were told that I had Myopia (near sightedness), I was mortified. I ate more carrots then I care to remember and even drank V8, hoping to improve my vision before my appointment. But no such luck! I still failed the eye exam.
Then it was time to choose my eye wear and this was 1989 so the choices were horrible!!!! I tried on ALL the frames and hated every single one of them. They all had thick plastic frames in solid colors and didn't have much to choose from regarding the shape. So I ended up with the ones I thought were the nicest. They were huge red plastic frames very similar to Sally Jessy Rafael. I hated them!!!
I found out last month that Naty might need glasses. She's only 8 years old and was eager to get glasses. I didn't get it, she WANTS to wear glasses?! At first I thought she might have failed the vision screening on purpose in order to get them but, as it turns out, she definately needs them. Thank goodness for technology these days, Naty had an array of choices from round shape to square, thick frames or thin, metal or plastic, and Disney or Gucci....it's crazy!!!! I am glad that they were all very stylish and cute because I dreaded my glasses.

So these are the glasses that she chose:

She looks great!

No comments: