Monday, January 4, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday

I had everything ready for our first day back to school from winter break. The kids clothes was layed out and snacks were packed. The sound of coffee brewing was my morning sountrack. Everything went according to my plan, until it was time to head out the door. Ofcourse, at that time, I realize that someone hasn't brushed their teeth, someone could't find a shoe, and another someone couldn't find their library book.
So instead of being as organized as I so desperatley want to be, today turned out to be another normal chaotic morning.
Lately I feel like it is a crazy chaotic mess, offset by small clusters I have organized in an attempt to regain control. Like a pair of old shoes, it is scuffed. I find myself continually frustrated as I once again step on a Lego, and gather up stray shoes, cups, and make repeated pleas to the girls to pick up after themselves.
But..... it is home.
Finally I get the kids out the door being only a few minutes off schedule, and I sigh in relief.
Today was my busy, manic Monday. Yoga in the morning, followed by grocery shopping, lunch with a friend, and (hopefully) an afternoon nap. Running late was not ann option!
My life is an unpredictable series of comedies in error, incidents of unknown origin, and fly by the seat of my pants parenting.
I am slowly learning to embrace the chaos because it means I have a house full of life, love, and not to mention dirty laundry:)

No comments: