Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm No Supermom

One of my really good friends called me a supermom, and although I was VERY flattered I had to disagree with her. She went on and on about how my kids are well mannered, I volunteer at school, my house is clean and, how I juggle being the only working parent. Little does she know the things that happen behind MY closed doors:
1. Sometimes when my kids are fighting over something I hide or pretend not to have noticed.
2. The girls were arguing one day and when I couldn't take it anymore I (once) put them outside, locked the door and told them I wasn't going to let them in until they stopped fighting.
3. When my kids shout Mommy it sometimes takes me a while to realize they are talking to me.
4. I use the TV as a babysitter so I can get on with jobs around the house.
5. Sometimes I give the kids an extra snack because I forgot to start dinner on time.
6. I told the kids I have cameras in the house watching them.
7. I once told Ethan if he couldn't get dressed in the morning for school I will send him to school in his pajamas..and then put him in the car and started to drive off while he was still in them.
8. I don't like watching kids movies anymore.
9. When my kids are talking to me, sometimes I am thinking about what to cook for the next week and not really paying attention.
10. I enforce bedtimes so that I an have 'me' time.
So, my friend, thank you for the compliment. It does make me feel good but, in no way am I super. It's actually very funny how normal I am =)

No comments: