Monday, September 12, 2011

Tassels to The Left......

I knew that my nursing degree, would be my most valued and hardest earned. During school, I worried a lot about working and going to school full time, and that I would miss out on time with my kids. I realize now that they were totally ready for whatever sacrifices they had to make. They wanted to see me in a job and career I liked. And as they approach college, it wasn't the worst thing in the world for them to see me getting a degree, and to see that sometimes you have to keep trying even when things don't go perfectly.
That middle shelf of books, has been my life for the past two years. Well, not completely.....I must say, the friends I made in the classroom and in clinicals were too. They will be lifetime friends. We will be following one another's career progress, and will definitely cross paths again.
These people who I studied with, commiserated with, cried with, sweated test scores with, people who came from every background and every age: we are forever bonded by this experience.
Those early red-eyed mornings, when coffee was just not doing the trick, another mess in the patients bed to clean, days we really missed our children, or those days when we felt like we did not know what the heck we were doing.....we got each other thru those crazy days! The best of times will be remembered too......the first time seeing a live birth, group lunches, squiggly neck hairs, getting all your meds administered on time......those are some good times.
But, as we say goodbye to the classroom, we open the door to a new life......can you believe we are nurses?!!!!
We all felt like this day would never get here and here we are!
CONGRATULATIONS, my dear classmates.....we made it!
I wish you luck in everything you do and wherever life takes you.

No comments: