Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Foolish Pride

In the 12 years that I have been a mother, I've learned a lot about myself. I have discovered both good and bad characteristics. And while it may be hard to recognize my own flaws sometimes, it’s necessary for personal growth. How do you have a relationship with anyone, including yourself, if you cannot take responsibility for your wrong doings? This is precisely the problem I am struggle with sometimes……
I am stubborn when it comes to admitting when I'm wrong. I am the type of person that justifies my every action. After realizing this, I immediately get upset thinking about the many altercations I could have avoided if I had just apologized.
I realize that no one is perfect. No matter how much I try to be a good person and how good my intentions are, I am going to make mistakes. I need to embrace my mistakes and own up to them. I have to learn that my mistakes made me who I am today and will continue to mold me into the person I will become.
So, from this day forward, I will try my best to let go of my pride and humble myself because making errors and being in the wrong isn't necessarily a bad thing.
It, at times, can be a learning experience that can change me for the better.

No comments: