Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Nights

It is hard to believe that school is but a memory. The temperatures have quickly elevated such that I lie on top of the bedspread instead of snuggled beneath the covers. My nightly ritual of hanging out with the kids consists of cold dinners (i don't want to turn the oven on), ice cream for dessert, and swimming in the evening....it's great!
I enjoy summer, gotta love those free Cinemark movies, $5 bowling days, the community pool, and the beach but, mostly getting to sleep in. In fact, my husband will tell you that I sleep waaaaay in, now that I don't have to drive the kids to school at 7:30am, it's a wonderful thing. As long as we get up in time for lunch, my errands are done, and the kids are having fun...sleeping in is allowed, right?
As much as I am enjoying sleeping in and not having to "assist" with homework, I expect that I'll be eager to get rid of the kids come August when I'll want more time alone to get work done or have my own appointments.
But, so far this summer is terrific, we are spending it with great friends, taking naps, and visiting family. I'm enjoying every hot sticky moment of it.

No comments: