Saturday, June 12, 2010

One Hit Wonders

Am I really a soccer mom? If so, how did I get here?
I’d always thought of myself as a stay-home-and-read-a-good-book kind of mom. Or how about a stay-home-and-bake-cookies mom? I could do that. I have done that.
This business, though, of driving my kids from this sport to that—of being ready and able and willing to hang out at the field all night…
Well, I’ll tell you. This has taken some getting used to.
The hardest part about the whole sports thing this year is that our lives have been so busy lately that I never know if I’m coming or going. Summer was supposed to be our sports break spent with days by the pool and taking vacation. So, why is Ethan playing summer baseball and more importantly, why did Mike and I sign up for an adult softball team???? I’ve been asking myself that question for days.
The answer I came up with….. I must love the chaos!!! For some reason, I function better when my hands are full.
And, I love my sports family. This group of parents have hung out on the sidelines watching our kids play soccer, football, basketball, and baseball for the past 3 years and we have become good friends…..and I will do anything for them, including embarrassing myself on the field. So here’s to a great summer and, with every ache in my body from our practice last night…here’s to a good season, my friends…….GO ‘ONE HIT WONDERS’

No comments: