Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Incredible Book-Eating Boy

I was looking for some new books to read to the kids at bedtime (yes, I still do that) and recently discovered Oliver Jeffers’ books. I ordered 'The Incredible Book-Eating Boy' from Barnes & Noble.com and am happy to report it is one of the very favorite selections during bedtime stories.
The story is so clever and funny. The little boy, Henry, discovers he likes to eat books. He devours them whole and his brain absorbs all the information in the books. But he starts to eat books so fast and so often that his body can’t absorb all that info and things start to go nuts.

Even if I didn’t like the story (which I do!), I would want this book for the illustrations. The book is filled with details, texture and mixed media. It’s very cool. It makes me want to collect all of Mr. Jeffers books. If you get a chance to check them out, you should.

No comments: