Thursday, February 19, 2009

Making a New Change

Today was Sydney’s first soccer practice of the season and I have to say it was a bit sad for me. It was so good to see my soccer mom friends but, this season we have a new coach and a whole new team. There were seven returning players from Sydney’s old Blue Dolphins team, we lost five due to other sports, and there are five new team mates and a new coach. We are now the Blue Lightening’s! When all the girls got to the field they immediately formed two cliques, the returning Blue Lightening girls and the old Blue Dolphins girls, they were all being so shy. They did this during their water break too. The new Coach said he is going to have a different practice next time, more of a socialization and bonding meet so that the girls can get to know each other.

The Blue Dolphin girls have only known Coach Robb so it was sad to see them being coached by someone new. I’m sure he will be a fine coach and I met some really nice moms but, I will always miss the Blue Dolphins team. Coach Robb was a great influence on Sydney, he gave her confidence and praise and our family will always remember him for that. So as I look onto the next season and we hang up our Blue Dolphins Jersey, I will suck up my tears and be the soccer mom I know and love; chatting it up on the sidelines, cheering on the girls, and learning to adjust to something new.

No comments: