Sunday, February 8, 2009

Looking ahead at Valentine's Day

With valentine's day coming up, I keep getting the same question from everyone....what are you doing for Valentine's Day? My response is always this: my husband and I don't really make a big deal of Valentine's Day, but after ten years of marriage, do we really have to?? Yes, keeping the romance alive with your spouse is important even after you have kids, sometimes more so. But, I've never been a big fan of the forced romance of Valentine's Day. We love celebrating Valentine's Day with our kids, who get much more pleasure out of chocolates and flowers than I ever have.
A nice Valentine's Day, or any holiday for that matter, would be ordering in Chinese and watching a movie with the family. It's usually the only time I allow us to eat in the living room. I think of it as an indoor picnic and the kids think it is awesome. So, forget the jewelry and expensive perfumes, I got something even better...I have a wonderful happy family. It's the only thing I've ever wanted and it's all mine now!!!!!

No comments: