Monday, January 30, 2012

Thirty Five

Today I turn 35!
I wanted to forget that it was my birthday. At this crazy time of year, when starting New Years resolutions and doing our taxes, it’s easy to forget but, sadly I was reminded when I rolled out of bed with a sore back and tension headache.
So, I did what any other ‘feeling old’ person would do…I put on a cute outfit (which included heels) and went out for the day. Ok, so it was just to the grocery store but, regardless, it was out! And I looked cute! I had to make sure to get a bottle of wine and some Motrin for my now throbbing feet.
Throughout the day, I did what I always do on my birthday…..talked to mom, got a haircut, bought something for myself, and tried to relax. And, I did.
It made me look back at the last few years of my life that have been such a roller coaster ride. My last big birthday was when I turned thirty. I had just moved to Texas and flew home (to Florida) to spend the big 3-0 with my family and some really good friends because I remember being homesick. I was new to Texas and although adjusting well, I didn’t know many people.
WOW! How things have changed in five short years:
Since then I have adjusted to Texas weather, learned to like boots and talk slow, became a fan of sweet iced tea, met some really nice people, became an RN, started my youngest in school, and finally found a nice neighborhood to really make this my happy home.
So, as I accept this age gracefully, I look at another year of accomplishments, blessed with new and exciting things. I’m happy to be 35 and I’m in good company too: Rachel McAdams, Reese Witherspoon, and Ryan Reynolds are all here with me ;)

Today was a good day, Happy Birthday to ME!

No comments: