Sunday, January 15, 2012

Salary of a Nurse

Somebody once asked: "Are you a nurse?!? I wanted to be a nurse when I was a kid. How much do you make?"
The nurse replied: "HOW MUCH DO I MAKE?"

Well.......
I can make holding your hand seem like the most important thing in the world when you're scared.
I can make your child breathe when they stop.
I can help your father survive a heart attack.
I can make myself get up at 5AM....... to make sure your mother has the medicine she needs to live.
I work all day to save the lives of strangers.
I make my family wait for dinner until I know your family member is taken cared of.
I make myself skip lunch so that I can make sure that everything I did for your wife today is charted.
I make myself work weekends and holidays because people don't just get sick Monday thru Friday.
Today, I might save your life.

So, how much do I make???

I make a difference.

No comments: