Friday, October 22, 2010

Lucky Girl

I have been so fortunate with the friends (OK, take the time to gag and then move on). Really, truly, I am just so lucky. I was a bit nervous when we decided to stay here and not venture back to Florida. Especially because I had (have) such wonderful friends back home. Of course no one could replace any of those girls, but I wanted to have some additional girls up here. I’m a social person and need that outlet. Otherwise, you know . . . I might have that breakdown.

It’s hard to make friends when you’re a older and a stay at home mom. Where am I going to meet people? Well, through my children of course. Thank goodness my kids have such great taste in friends because it was through them that I made my friends. The parents of all the kids who hang out with my kids at school, in the neighborhood, at T ball, and soccer.

My friends are amazing women. So fun and thoughtful, smart and funny. In such a short time they have befriended me and my family in all manner of ways.

By helping me with my kids, drinking with me and giving me that much needed girl time.

Today we picked up the keys to our new house and met our neighbors across the street. I already know they’re going to be good friends. I cannot believe how lucky I am. It’s almost more happiness, friendship and love than one girl can stand!!

No comments: