Thursday, December 5, 2013

Just Frozen.....


Everyone is talking about the winter storm that is making it’s way to the Dallas metroplex. My morning shows have been interrupted with constant weather updates....ughhh! 
Oh, and I made the mistake and went to the store. Target was overrun with people stocking up on ice scrapers, food, movies and beer…lots of BEER. People are rushing and running thru the isles to make sure they have enough spaghettios, potato chips, Tyson nuggets, or whatever else they need to get them through the cold weekend. Hot chocolate shelves are empty and the lines were super long. It was a madhouse, reminded me of my Florida days preparing for the next big hurricane!!! But this is not a hurricane, it's ice. All I wanted was to get some salad dressing for my antipasto salad and look for a new book to read, on my only day off. Boy, did I pick the wrong day. 
School will most likely be cancelled so, the only people who should be freaking out and running around in circles are the parents facing this inevitable snow day, home with the kids!!!
Fortunately and unfortunately for me, I will be working tomorrow. I will have the opportunity to drive 10 mph all the way to work behind some really bad drivers. Talk about chaos, the roads are going to be a mess!  
People, this is north Texas, we get ice every year!And even if we give it a catchy name like “Snowpocalypse” or “Arctic Blast”, it’s still just ice and snow. RELAX and be safe. :)

No comments: