Sunday, February 20, 2011

oh, lemons!

Today is the first day we have felt the warmth of the sun in weeks. I thought I was over reacting when I pulled out the winter storage bins and started putting away our sweaters and gloves but, the kids had their own way of saying goodbye to winter.
Somehow, the kids got the idea to do the traditional '
kid thing' yep, a lemonade stand. Far it be from me to deny
my kids creativity but, I knew that this was going to involve me in ways that I did not want to be involved.

I could be doing a dozen other things like: laundry, reading, or taking a nap. Am I not the worst mother? Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my children but, that's also why we had three, so that can keep each other company...geez! WEll, I decided I would help them. I pulled out those Otis Spunk Meyer fundraiser frozen cookie dough and started to bake. And I made Kool-Aid lemonade with real slices of lemons inside so that it looked more home made. Unfortunately for our little entrepreneurs, we live on a low traffic street but, before long, the neighbors were out and did the neighborly thing...they bought cookies and lemonade. It was really sweet to watch the kids sell their hearts out and have a great time with their friends. And they even made a little profit :)

No comments: