Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

So the family is not off on a road-trip to Florida for Thanksgiving. Being a nurse has it rewards but it also has it downfalls, like working on holidays. Not okay, in my book. This is the one holiday that we absolutely must be together for as a family and the one that makes me crave mom's home cooking, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and, hours of good family conversation.
But not everything that is bad is actually a bad thing: my fellow labor & delivery staff are making the most of it. We had a Thanksgiving feast at work today and Mike and the kids were able to come eat with me, I delivered a baby, and talked to my parents. Not to shabby for having to work. And since I work day shift now, I was home in time to have dinner with my sister and her family. I am very thankful this year for everything in my life: the ups and downs, my friends, my family, my health, and my career.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

No comments: